Having dealt one on one with this individual for the last three days. I feel it is time to share some quotes from him followed by what in a perfect world, I could have said back to him.
In reference to the ME yelling jokingly at an employee:
"You know, he should really blow off his meeting and go mountain bike riding with me this afternoon. He wouldn't be so angry."
Yeah, then at least it would be genuine anger...
Standing looking at an electric another electrician is cabling:
"Well... I'm just not dealing with this mess."
Good. I'd hate for my electric to look like yours.
Standing on the deck watching electrician dropping cable from the midrail:
"You've got a little slack coming back into it. Would you like to know a trick for that."
The strain relief I'm in the process of tying?
My actual reply: "Nope, I'm good."
A minute later he appears on the midrail, having left his project below unattended to try and show me how to tie a trucker's hitch, claiming "it's really cool."
Pulling instruments off the grid in a decrepit theatre:
"It's been a while since I've been up on a ladder at a call. In New York we used ladders all the time."
Oh my God! You used ladders in New York? Why hadn't we thought of that yet?!
"What are you screwing into?"
"Drywall..."
"Well it doesn't really matter what length screw you use."
Yeah, until you hit the metal support behind the drywall...
"Why isn't this cable labeled?"
Cause it's not plugged into anything yet?
4 comments:
I generally shorten cables by cutting them, putting in butt splices and calling it good.
It's no an efficient system but I so enjoy saying 'I butt spliced it'.
But that's me.
.... why would you need to butt splice a shortened cable? heh heh, butt splice...
This guy is an engineer now... Still rides mountain bikes from what I hear.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.